The Journal Project

Sharing lives through the process and art of journal keeping.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, TX

Monday, August 07, 2006

Frappr Maps and Journal Prompt/Discussion Question 3

First things first...

I have created two maps through Frappr in order to track the progress of the two journals. At some point after receiving one of the journals please click on the appropriate badge on the side bar and add yourself to the map. This will keep everyone alert to the progress/whereabouts of both the journals. If you encounter any problems with the maps (I'm still not certain I have them up and running correctly) please let me know.


Journal Prompt 3:

Last week
Alexandra mentioned one of my favorite poems by David Whyte on her blog. The title of the poem is Sweet Darkness. She also mentioned how she uses parts of the poem when facilitating women's groups. I thought this was a perfect journal prompt. Read through the entire poem if you'd like (link above) or simply read this one phrase and write about what meaning it holds for you. What thoughts come to mind as you toss these words around?

Sometimes it takes darkness and the sweet
confinement of your aloneness
to learn
anything or anyone

that does not bring you alive
is too small for you.


Feel free to use this prompt any way you'd like and share any thoughts you might have in the comments.

Discussion Question 3:

Where and when do you do most of your journal keeping? Do you have a specific time/place? A set routine?

I usually don't have much time to journal at home so that is typically how I spend my lunch hour Monday-Friday. I eat my lunch, read a of couple of poems by the poet I'm currently devouring, and then I open my journal and write. Sometimes it's about an event I want to capture. Often it revolves around a feeling I'm experiencing. Other times it's random lists and thoughts. It might also be about a reaction I had to the poems I just read. But regardless of the content, this is usually when I get the majority of my journaling done, it is my special journaling time. Every weekday between noon and 1:00 you can find me either in the cafeteria or sitting outside at a picnic table, pen in hand, journal spread out on the table, writing my heart away.

Share your own answers to these questions in the comments...

More to come...

15 Comments:

Anonymous Marilyn said...

Great idea to add the Frappr maps. I like your prompts, but don't want to hijack the comments. I'll post about them instead.

2:08 AM  
Blogger catherine james said...

DISCUSSION QUESTION #3 REPLY: I've been keeping a written journal since age 8--though I usually say nin because that's when I committed to doing so on a regular basis. I go through sporadic periods and frenzied bursts of copious pondering, with a fairly steady rhythm in between. I can and will journal any/everywhere, in multiple diaries/notebooks at a time--even on scraps of loose paper on the (extremely rare) occassions I forget one of my books, later pasting or transcribing the words.

2:03 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

the journal is on its way to megg!!
http://willows95988.typepad.com/tongue_cheek/2006/08/where_to_begin_.html

11:22 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Hi:
Do you need my address for the journal?
Where do I send it?
Thanks
Maggie

7:05 PM  
Blogger dazey rosie said...

i wish i had a regular journal date with myself. I am going to set one - I'm inspired! Most often I write when when i really need to, last thing at night, on the sofa or in bed. I know this isn't the best way, it means i only really explore one way of feeling, so it's definitely time to change!

I'm really looking forward to the journal arriving.

x

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Lunarmusings said...

Hello!

Just checking in to see where the journals are? Haven't seen any movement here for a while and the maps don't seem to have been updated? Hope all are well, and can't wait to see our journals!
e

7:00 PM  
Blogger Turquoise CRO said...

WHERE are THEY??!!! LOL This project might take years!

3:39 PM  
Anonymous fourk said...

I have not checked lately, but it seems like both journals are in the same place and I am not sure they have even moved to the next person. Can someone out there let us know where the journals are by leaving comments. Thank U.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous tinker said...

Just wondering myself, where in the world the journals might be.
I keep worrying somehow that it will be sent to me, but get lost in the mail, and I won't realize because I'll have forgotten to keep looking for it...

1:35 PM  
Blogger Clare said...

I have one of the journals at the moment, am trying to pass it on to Daisy Rose but am having trouble contacting her.

Clare

4:19 PM  
Blogger Wenda said...

December 30, 2006 ~ Just stopping by to see if the journal project is still on. Thought I might have received the black journal by now, being 7th from the bottom of the list. I wonder where in the world it could be. I'll post a comment here when it arrives.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Wenda said...

Oh, and Happy New Year!

Wow, these are the letters I get for word verification: ohwrew
Sounds that out.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Wenda said...

February 21/07

The black journal is in Richmond BC now, soon to make its way across Canada to Nova Scotia just as soon as I have K's address.

6:28 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

GLAD to know they are still traveling!!! Hope they didn't miss me!!

11:55 AM  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Just happened on this site once again, it's December 17,2007, I guess the journals are just a memory for some of us and a keepsake for those who still have them!!!!!! Grrrrrr!!!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home