The Journal Project

Sharing lives through the process and art of journal keeping.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, TX

Monday, May 29, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to The Journal Project blog. This is where I will post any updates and instructions, as well as answer any question regarding The Journal Project. If you aren't familiar with the Journal Project you can read all about the beginnings here.

This week I am trying to get the list of participants organized in order the get our traveling journal started on it's world wide adventure. I have posted the names of the participants on the sidebar. I tried to gather all participants names from the comments on the original post and any e-mails I received regarding the project. However, I am prone to error so if you do not see your name on the sidebar please leave a comment so I can fix the error. I don't want to leave anyone out and it's not too late to join. If for some reason you're not on the list of participants please know it was only an oversight on my part. The interest has been overwhelming and because of that it's been a bit difficult to keep up with everyone.

In other exciting project news, the fabulous Swirly Girl is on board and has generously offered some of her Swirly Girl journals to anyone interested. She is asking $5 for each journal in order to cover the shipping costs. She only has 20 journals available so it's first come, first serve. All payments will be made though PayPal. If you're interested e-mail Swirly at christine@swirlygirl.com.

In addition to promoting the use of journals as a source of healing and self discovery I also want to use this sight to offer journal prompts and journaling resources. On the sidebar I am trying to collect an on going list of published journals as well as books that are helpful with the journaling process. If you have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions on this topic please let me know in the comments.

Finally, once I have ensured that all the participants are linked on the sidebar I will give the first instructions regarding this exciting project. I am overwhelmed by the interest in the traveling journal. By the time this journal has made it's rounds it ought to be bursting with goodness. The question has been asked what I plan on doing with the finished project and if I would try to get it published. I haven't really thought that far and am certainly open to any suggestions any of you have.

If there are any questions or suggestions please leave me a note in the comments. Your assistance in creating a journaling experience that is life changing is so very greatly appreciated.

34 Comments:

Blogger deirdre said...

Michelle, this is so exciting! You've done so much work on this and it's coming together beautifully. I can't wait to see what happens next. Woo Hoo to you girl!

8:40 PM  
Blogger lela said...

michelle,
i would love to join in on "the journal project"!
what a wonderful idea! it will be exciting to see where this goes.

xoxoxo
lela

10:17 PM  
Blogger tracey said...

Do my 'guided journals' for pregnancy and motherhood fit in on the sidebar?? I'd love to have you post the site so readers can check them out.
www.maypapers.com

Let me know your thoughts.

10:41 PM  
Blogger whitney said...

Is it just one journal that goes around or does everyone send one out so that everyone has one in the end? I guess let me know more and I might be in.
whitneydavis10@hotmail.com or my blog.
thanks.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Anastasia said...

Hi :) I love the idea of the travelling journal, and would love to be involved (if posting to Australia isn't too much!). Best of luck!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Shannon (Sentimental) said...

I love this idea and would love to be involved.

3:46 AM  
Blogger my pink sky said...

your new site is wonderful ~ bravo to you...you have me on the edge of my seat!
~mindy

5:16 AM  
Blogger Susannah said...

Three cheers for Michelle for setting this up! :-) it's going to be so exciting to see how it progresses, and what insights we uncover on the path - am thrilled to be a participant
Susannah x

5:31 AM  
Blogger Ali la Loca said...

Hi Michelle,

Somehow my name didn't make it onto the sidebar. I responded to your original post, but perhaps I am not included because I live in Mozambique and am not reachable for regular mail??

Don't worry, I'm not taking it personally. :)

I'm just inwardly cursing the fact that for me to participate it would be at least $70 to send me the journal, and at least another $70 for me to send it to the next person.

Let me know...

Ali

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Liz Cadorette/JavaGaia said...

I would like very much to be involved in the traveling journal project, if you'll have me? I'm in Washington, D.C./Alexandria, VA and keep several written journals for myself as well as a couple of blogs for various topics.

I think this is a fantastic idea.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Michelle,

This project sounds fantastic. I am a long time journal writer and would love to take part. I am in Idaho Falls, Idaho

Kate
http://katespin.blogspot.com

8:12 AM  
Blogger Writing Blind said...

Hi Michelle, I found your blog through Liz Elayne and I'd like to know if I could join in on your project if it's not too late. I'm here:

http://writing-blind.blogspot.com

and here: beck8@hotmail.com

Thanks so much,

Rebecca

8:18 AM  
Blogger vicci said...

Yes...I would like to be included in the travel journal...hope I'm not too late!!! Thanks...
www.moonstarsandpaper.blogspot.com

8:41 AM  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Hi Michelle! I'd love to be in on this, too. Can't wait!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Star said...

Michelle, please include me! I finally got a blog up and running over the weekend, so I'm ready to roll. Thanks for all your had work in organizing this.

11:03 AM  
Blogger M said...

Michelle, this looks fabulous! So what we need! I'll search my brain for any inspirations I've had for journalling and pass them along as they come.
Too excited about this!
Saw a book in the store last week- a journal written by three or four highschool friends as they went through a year of school- think it's on the same wave length as this and published!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Elle said...

Hey Michelle!

I so want to participate and though my name is listed on the sidebar, I don't have my own blog. Do I have to have a blog to be included in this project?

12:29 PM  
Blogger fringes said...

I'd love to participate. My email is included in my profile info. Thanks! Send specifics and I can write it up on my blog, if you want. What a great idea.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Becca said...

I'd love to participate in the your journal project-it sounds so exciting, and thank you for having the idea and the courage to bring it to us! My blog address is http://beccasbyline.blogspot.com

I love reading published journals, too. One of my favorites is Virginia Woolf's A Writer's Diary, which is actually excerpts from her complete journals (which are also available in four or five volumes). Another favorite are the journals of Anne Morrow Lindbergh, which are in four volumes.

I'll keep reading for more updates. Looking forward to participating!

2:11 PM  
Blogger K said...

I'd love to be involved! This is such a fantastico idea!

K

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Michelle,
I would love to be part of this. I don't have a blog but I hope this doesn't disqualify me.
Thanks,
Amy

amydsolomon@yahoo.com

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

I would love to be a part of this project!

7:41 PM  
Anonymous Nicole said...

Michelle, please count me in on this awesome project.

7:48 PM  
Blogger anni said...

How exciting! A collaboration piece from all corners. Please add me to the list. I'd love to contribute to this fantastic project.

Life is an adventure. I'd like to participate.

Tootles,

Anni

10:18 PM  
Blogger Swirly said...

I say don't worry about where the traveling journal (or journals) will go once they're filled. I bet you discover ideas for that as the journal grows and your project evolves. This is very exciting!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger dazey rosie said...

Hi Michelle,

I would love to take part in the travelling journal. I've just started to write a diary again, after a five year break, and also taken my first small steps into the blog world.

Am already falling into my teenage trap of writing when I'm sad - it's my mission to put an end to that habit very soon!

xx

8:39 AM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee are going to have fun because of You!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Stef said...

Can I get on board still? This is a fabulous idea!!

7:45 PM  
Blogger kerry said...

i would love to join if it's not too late, this sounds really exciting. thanks - kerry
http://kerry-sortingthrough.blogspot.com/

7:47 PM  
Anonymous tinker said...

I've just been catching up on my blog reading and found your Journal Project...I keep clicking to other sites and coming back (like a moth to the light!) - so I think I'm trying to tell myself to take the leap and join in! (Provided, of course, that there's still room - if the journal pages are all taken, I understand).
This is such a fun, inspirational idea - I love the notion of a journal travelling around the world from person to person!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous hundredandone said...

Please count me in. I love this idea. I've left a comment on your other blog as well just so I'm not missed out!

2:10 AM  
Anonymous Nicole/Tickled Pink said...

Please add me to your list. I hesistated on joining, not sure of my abilities, but I've decided to jump in and join the fun. I'm excited about the challenge. Thank you for organizing this Project!
-Nicole
tickledpink.nicole@gmail.com

4:41 AM  
Blogger Sacred Suzie said...

I sent you an email asking to participate but just in case, I thought I would add my name to the list for the travelling journal here. What a wonderful idea!

Spooky Suzie

11:08 AM  
Blogger catherine james said...

Hi, just left a note at your personal journal asking to be a part of The Journal Project. If it's not too late, I'd still like to participate; if I am too late, I wish you and everyone else participating the best creative journey possible!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home