The Journal Project

Sharing lives through the process and art of journal keeping.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Lubbock, TX

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Holy Moly!

May I just say I never dreamed this little idea of my would receive the reception that it has. I am amazed and humbled and honored. Wow! For any of you who requested to be added to the participant list by either commenting or e-mailing, I'm planning on trying to get you added by the end of the weekend. I've tried to get back to most of you in order to let you know this already but I haven't had a chance to touch base with all of you. In light of the explosion of participation (yeah, yeah, yeah) I'm having to rethink a couple of the aspects of my original idea. As a result of having to make these minor tweaks I don't think I will actually have the project going until the week after next. This week will be focused on getting the participants organized. Next week will focus on presenting the game plan (which I am bursting with excitement over) and working out any glitches that any of you might see. And then I hope the following week our journal will finally hit the road. Before we actually get the journal going I am going to attempt to contact each one of you personally (by e-mail or blog comment) just to ensure you're still on board. If at any time you decide not to participate that's totally fine. I know how life can get--I have a 3 year old! Just please let me know so that I can get you removed from the sidebar. No biggie. I'm going to continue to add participants as long as there's interest so it's never too late to join. And I want to be sure to reiterate that you DON'T have to be a blogger to join. You just need some way for us to contact you (e-mail address) and some way for us to get the journal to you once it's your turn (home address or PO Box). That's all you need. I also want to make sure you know that everyone is invited to join. If you want to participate but think there is an obstacle that may prevent you from joining (i.e. distance) just e-mail me and we'll try to work something out. There's enough bright, brilliant minds and gorgeous, generous spirits out there that surely we can come up with some way to make it happen if we just do a little brainstorming (Thank you Wenda for reminding me to think outside the box.) If you want to be a part of this, I want you to be a part of this. We'll make it happen.

Until next time...

TTFN

12 Comments:

Anonymous tinker said...

I left a comment below - but forgot to leave my URL - here it is
http://tinkerart.typepad.com/tinker_art/
Hope I'm not too late...

11:40 PM  
Anonymous hundredandone said...

I left a comment below as well and on your other blog too. Doesn't that tell you just how desperate I am to be a part of this? :-)

2:19 AM  
Blogger Swirly said...

You are creating a wonderful gift for the world!!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Yolanda said...

I would like to participate. My blog is www.perfectlyimperfect-yolanda .blogspot.com/Hope to be a part of this.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

If I can help you let me know.

1:35 AM  
Anonymous Jennifer (she said) said...

Wow. I've missed some big stuff! Can I participate? I mean may I?

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Heather said...

I've always been interested in the idea of a traveling journal. Please add me to your list of participants.

2:16 PM  
Anonymous krista said...

I'll make it easier for you- you don't have to contact me, I'm still interested.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Michelle,
Thanks for all your hard work. I see my name in the list of participants
You may publish my email.

Amy Solomon
amydsolomon@yahoo.com

Have a great week!

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to be a Part of it

Kathleen Siemborski
ksiemborski@gmail.com

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Jenn said...

If it's still okay to jump on board, I would love to be added to the list (arrived here via Wenda @ Daring to Write).

words: in order
JennQR@gmail.com

thanks!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Matty said...

I just heard about the travelling journal! What a fun idea. I too, would love to participate.

I hope I'm not too late.

my email is sandra1@personainternet.com

http://runningonempty-matty.blogspot.com

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home